Pages

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Frustrated.

Sometimes I get so frustrated with technology, I just wish it would poof! disappear.

I get that it's amazing and I should just be happy that it exists because it's given us so much and resulted in so much "progression" (actually regression), but GOD can we just get a couple of things made correctly??

I shouldn't be having problems like my iTunes account suddenly being registered to some guy named Gail in Birmingham, Alabama... but with the same Apple ID?! That makes no sense at all. After taking my MacBook in to the Genius Bar twice in the last week? This should not be happening,

And should my phone be sporadically shutting down, restarting and freezing when I try to answer phone calls? No, but that's a different story entirely.

I actually relish the times I'm away from my computer and phone... it's so peaceful. I read, I think, I can just be without constant distracting stimulation. I've caught that 'disease': Once I get on the computer, I just don't get off. I forget that I was going to close it right after I checked my email, right after I checked Twitter, Facebook, Blogger... suddenly it's been over and hour and ya, I'm entertained but my To-Do List stays long and my brain stays....unenriched. I should at LEAST be blogging more, writing a story, something more productive.

Overall, I log off the computer feeling disappointed in myself and somewhat brain-dead, even if I was somewhat enjoying that hour spent Twittering, Facebooking, etc. It's just not worth it. I really can't wait to get back to school so that I can have beautiful things to look at and paths to walk and a host of things to do that don't involve a screen!

No comments:

Post a Comment