Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Two Weeks, Officially.

14 days until I am in a car en route to Salt Lake City for the USANA Convention. Too soon and not soon enough. Now that it's hanging over my head, I kind of want to just go and stop being anxious about it. I also am very excited to get back to Vassar...a lot to be excited about this year. Including having my own bed and room!

At the very same time, I dread leaving this 'paradise.' The perfect weather, the perfect job, the perfect boyfriend. The safety of being home, the pillow of summer, where you're not really expected to do anything remarkable. There's definitely pressure, going back to school. I'm more involved, I'm not a freshman... a step closer to real life, if you will.

I got 2 books from the library today... The Carrie Diaries, by Candace Bushnell and Commencement, by J. Courtney Sullivan. Already started in on them, and I really like them! Light, summer reading. The sad part.. their due date is after I leave. That is so weird; how did THREE months already pass?

I think, though, when I get back to school, I will ultimately feel more fulfilled. I won't feel like I'm wasting as much time, I'll be able to do more things I want to do. In all honesty, it will be nice to get away from the family again. Sometimes it just feels so suffocating, dealing with 5 of us in a condo 1/3 the size of our old house. And I'm just about done with not having my own space. Couch sleeping loses its appeal after the first month or so.

Clearly, I'm a little split on this issue. But I think overall, I'm more excited to go back. Time to DO something.
If only I could take Dan with me... he makes me happier by the day. I can't imagine being without him now, and I'm so happy for that.

Fatigue is consuming me.. time for couch sleeping, day 4324324352. BLECH.

No comments:

Post a Comment