Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

Apple Picking, Open House, Week in Pictures

We are in the midst of midterm week. Thankfully, I don't have any big tests, but I have plenty going on without that added stress! Just in the past 24 hours I've written a French paper and taken a French quiz, worked Open House, and read Jane Eyre. And I just now got back from rehearsal (11pm).

Open House was insanity. I woke up at 6:55 this morning, to get to the Aula at 8am to 'mingle' with the prospective students and their families. Serendipitously, I chose possible drama majors to chat with, so I had a lot to tell them! Tours were going out every 5 minutes, and they were substantially larger than our normal tours. Mine left at 8:45; we had to snake our way around multiple other tours throughout. I got asked many a question. The coed bathroom one came up, as well as a woman who wanted to answer the questions for me, as her "son is a junior here." Honestly, how can you not understand the disrespect in that? I am the tour guide, lady. If you know everything, why do you need to be on this tour? After the tour, I answered questions until 10:15, and by an act of wondrous fate, my 10:30 class was cancelled, giving me a chance to eat an actual meal and study for my French quiz. At noon, I reported back to the Aula and took out another tour. This one was even larger, and it was my first backwards tour. Answered more questions upon my return, and then jetted off to French class with Spencer. Afterwards, it was off to the chapel to start the Arts tour! That lasted a little over an hour, and then I was finally done. I thought giving one tour was tiring; giving three in a span of 7 hours...rough. But still, I enjoyed it. Talking to people and answering questions really makes me feel energized and excited. (I realize the irony there)

Yesterday I went apple picking with Main! There were about twenty of us, and we all drove up to Weeds Farm, about 15 minutes away. We spent a couple hours there, filling our red bags with apples of all different varieties, checking out the pumpkin patch, sampling the jams, butters and salsas, ogling at the pies... it was blissful. The House Fellows paid for all of our apples, which was so sweet! I also bought some Apple Butter and some Black Raspberry Jam. Here's a bit of what the day looked like:


Rehearsals have started for The Skin of Our Teeth, and I am loving it so far. All we have done is one read-through and then some table work, but the energy and thrill of being back in the theater is brilliant and priceless. Every single time a show starts up, my passion for this art is reaffirmed. And everyone has been so nice thus far, which is lovely and honestly fairly rare in theater. Our rehearsal schedule is a little brutal—7-11pm every night—but at least we have break coming up for us to get caught up and ready for things to get busy! I'm realizing that I love how Vassar does a lot of shows that many people haven't heard of. The unconventional is not something I'm well-versed in as far as theater is concerned, so this is a great way to strengthen my foundation and increase my knowledge.

I see all the stress of the last couple of weeks in my skin...blech! But if I can just get through this week, I will have a week to recharge. And also get my voice back... I guess those three tours really did get to me! I sound like quite a dapper man at the moment.

So much text. A few other things that happened this past week: DayGlo Toga, Live Jazz at the Mug, my first group tour, VrDT First Showings, and FWA's first cabaret of the year! (fwawkward).


And finally, some photographic evidence of my life for the past 7 days:


Charmaine being fierce on the poster!!

Any given day.

Love Revlon's Vixen on my nails... Probably my new go-to polish.

Loving my glass water bottle... once was an iced tea bottle, now it's helping me be environmentally conscious; and healthy, too!

When a meager breakfast and lack of sleep combine with your 10:30 class. I don't even know what that face is. 

Waiting for the world premiere of "Countdown" with Reeve, Miranda and Sarah at the cab. Reeve actually brought his laptop to the cabaret because he couldn't miss it!

Jordan and Patrick (an amazing freshman) at the cabaret previewing She Loves Me!

Phew, I think that's it! It's a busy busy year already!




No comments:

Post a Comment