Pages

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Layover

Currently sitting at the Phoenix airport. Gotta love free wi-fi!

I finally finished all of my work yesterday, and am now home free for the next 4 weeks! (still working on the home part, though. Just about 2 hours!) To finish that semester was more of a relief than any other semester of school, ever. I'm not entirely sure why. I believe it was a combination of harder work, a department show, and the tour guide job. It was a LOT that I hadn't had to deal with before this year. And I'm not sure that my work was significantly tougher, but I was definitely more invested in my classes, so I wanted to do better.

As always, this semester flew by while simultaneously dragging. But this morning, when my boyfriend's dad was driving me to the airport, it seemed like that had JUST happened. In reality, it was seven months ago, but man, it's hard to believe it has been that long.

My first flight was about 5.5 hours, and it definitely seemed that long. This one lady in the front was a piece of work. She was wearing a surgical mask and when someone coughed on the plane, she yelled "Please cover your mouth when you cough!" Not to mention that she refused to stow her purse and asked ridiculous favors from the flight attendants the whole time. Some people really, really need to learn how to adapt.

I watched The Kids Are All Right on the plane, which I'd been wanting to do for a while. I didn't realize how much sex was in it, which was awkward considering I had two elderly women sitting next to me. I kept exiting full screen mode so I didn't offend them, especially the one who was writing "Remember the Miracle of Christ" holiday cards to her friends. Whoops! Sorry, ma'am.

When I touch down in SD, I'm going straight to Aubrey's holiday party. Hopefully I won't be too wiped out. Either way, I'm stoked to see my family and friends. I've really missed them this semester. Just realizing how much I appreciate them.

More reflections on internal changes this semester will come later. I feel like there have been a lot of them.

I also never talked about Skin of Our Teeth. Which—though it was no doubt a great experience—is a fair representation of how big of a deal it was. (not too big). The production was amazing. Sets, acting, absolutely everything. But I didn't really get to break out my acting chops, and it was hard to feel fully satisfied at the end of every show. I like to feel worn out, proud, euphoric. With this one I just felt like I accomplished the tasks I was told to do. Still, very glad I did it. And can't wait for next semester's shows!

OK, time to board.  yayayayay so close to home!

No comments:

Post a Comment