Pages

Friday, December 23, 2011

Winter Break Week 1

I don't want to believe that a week of break has passed. Because "a month off" sounds so cushy and wonderful and exactly where I want to stay. Now it's three weeks and that seems SO MUCH SHORTER. Wah. 

But the past six days have been full of busy happiness. Some highlights:

Angela got married on Sunday. My mom did the reception centerpieces/ceremony set-up. She and Denise are a dream team. Exhibit A:
 Reception

Ceremony

Bride&Groom's baby girl, Natalie, and my girls.

I was up early helping my mom, changed and did myself up at the church, then became an attendee of the wedding! It was beauty and class on a budget, and it went off without a hitch. Everyone had a wonderful time. So crazy to see one of my high school friends (though 2 years older) getting married. I remember late night talks at cast parties about our futures. You never know what life will throw at you, but I think it always turns out for the best. She is blessed. 

Monday was my first day back at work! The olive oil store was just how I left it... with the addition of several new products, as always. I've worked every day this week and we have just been slammed. I think there was only 3 or 4 people each day that didn't want gift wrapping. Olive Oil & Balsamic is the bottle of wine as far as gifts are concerned. They're that good, though. I could absolutely live on oil, vinegar and bread. Yes.

Tuesday= more work and the first night of Hanukkah! I actually went to a birthday party with Megan, and met some new people. After living here my whole life and having the same friends for five years now, it's really refreshing to have new people in my life. When I got home my mom gave me a Yoga DVD as a gift. That will come in handy back in the dorms! Maybe. Hopefully. ...we'll see.

Wednesday was our first family dinner since I've been home. It felt amazing to just be spending time with my family around the dinner table. My mom has been very accommodating to my newfound vegetarianism (more on that in my next post); we had quinoa salad, roasted vegetables (with persimmons? I really liked but I've never seen it in full form), and LATKES, of course. My mama makes the best latkes. Dessert was homemade rugelach -- I am spoiled. I also gave my dad his Hanukkah present: One Village coffee, the Nor' Easter roast. Apparently it was delicious! 
Also on this day, I walked home from work after getting a Which Wich sandwich (yumyumyum) and when I approached the house my mom was waiting outside and we did a slow run towards each other. It was so funny and adorable. She had also prepared a caprese sandwich for me...so then I felt bad for getting the which wich but I was still hungry so I ate it and I was SO HAPPY because I have the best mom.

Thursday. My mom made Nutella hot chocolate. That was the highlight of the day. Seriously, so delicious.

Today, work was nonstop. I am a bow expert. Almost. I surprise myself with how much I know about olive oil and balsamic vinegar. I can talk for like 10 minutes. But I don't, because I'm really paranoid that I'm being an overbearing salesperson.
I did Zumba with my sister tonight. It was nice to be active, and it's easier when you shout at the screen. Just sayin'. 

Dinner time is nowwww. Homemade mac and cheese. Seriously... the best mom.

Also, the best cat:
We had a bit of a photo shoot. Model cat.

Oh, and there's also this slice of happiness happening a lot:








No comments:

Post a Comment