Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Middle of the Night

It's 3am and I have absolutely no desire to sleep. I love the solitude and peace of the wee hours of the night (though this night has been full of drunken, shouting college students coming in waves, it being the last weekend of the school year). Still, I am here, alone with my mind and all of the minds sharing their thoughts on the internet. Honestly, I have not done one mindless thing on the computer all night. I have been devouring blogs for the last two hours. People are amazing, their stories are compelling. The way we are all fighting our daily battles is truly admirable and the way some women have recorded their lives via blog has inspired me.
I've had this account since March of last year, and haven't done a thing with it since signing up. I got a Tumblr account in September 2010, and have since been intermittently posting my thoughts—though usually I cop-out, reblogging pictures and quotes from other blogs I follow. Which is the great thing about Tumblr, but I am putting off writing... I don't know why, but it needs to stop.
Since summer is fast approaching (last final on Monday!), I am making it my goal to blog every other day. Doesn't have to be long, doesn't have to be interesting, doesn't have to be read by anyone. Just for me. So I can remember what I am doing with this crazy life! Hopefully I'll get into the rhythm of it and post every day, but I'm not into setting myself up for failure right out of the gate. Ha.
This may or may not be the most boring blog ever, but hopefully I can find a way to spice it up, as life does often throw curveballs and produce speed bumps. Both of which I love. Maybe only in retrospect, but even still, love. I'm living and learning here, and sometimes that can be pretty damn interesting. Amusing, at the very least. I'm hoping, most of all, to come to know myself better as I write about my days. Sometimes we can lose ourselves in the shuffle, and I want to keep my cards out on the table, right where I can see them.

First lame pun, accomplished.

Until Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment