Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

How Lovely to Be a Woman

My monthly visitor is hitting me particularly hard this time around. For the past 3 days I've been crampy, light-headed, and just generally not feeling so hot. Since I've been home, I've had multiple headaches and a lack of endurance for any real activity. By 4pm I want a nap! Whenever mother nature's gift really has an effect on my life, I get depressed for a while with the knowledge that this is going to happen once a month for the next 30 or so years.

30 x 12 = 360 periods.... multiply that by 5 and you get 1,800. Roughly 1,800 days of this madness still to come in my life. THAT'S INSANE.

BUT.

After agonizing over this briefly, I stop, breathe deeply, and do that cheesy grateful-for-the-shit-in-life-because-it-brings-great-things, thing. And it's really true in this case. To know my body is working the way it's supposed to is fantastic... to witness the intricacies of this fascinating system. Really, I am flabbergasted (so many f adjectives!) by the fact that our bodies just...know. It's weird.

So that's what makes me able to breathe through and forget about the pain... that and my mom telling me how much worse it is to have a baby.

YAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment