Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Lalala, Saturday.

I am SEVEN blog posts behind. Though I guess technically, it's only six because I'm not behind on this day yet.

It's Saturday morning and I am so tired. I chose to spend some time with Angela last night in lieu of writing my paper, since we hadn't actually had a chance to spend more than five minutes together since the beginning of the semester. I think it was a good choice, but I'll be paying for it tomorrow night.

I'm back in the theater, fulfilling yet another production assignment for the department. This time, it's sound board operator for Long Day's Journey Into Night. Senior project again. Last night I was here from 5-9:40, today from 11:30-10 and tomorrow the same. Ugghhhhh. Not that I don't love it, because I really do. I love being in the theater. But. Ya know. There's this thing called homework. And this other thing called procrastination. And when the two join forces... oy. I'm gearing up for an all nighter tomorrow. I'm gonna try to squeeze some work in between programming and during breaks, etc. But I'm not too confident about how much I will actually get done.

One hour later.....

 I'm now in the sound booth. We just finished programming the sound cues. I'm learning how to use QLab, which is interesting. We ended up having to download a few sound files from YouTube... failing to get a sound designer is probably not the best way to go. Especially when your board op (me) is NOT a tech person. But I'm trying. And I think I'm doing a damn good job, considering.

So now I'll be up here until 10pm, with some breaks in between, doing homework and listening for my ten sound cues. Ha. Not the worst day ever, though I would like some caffeine and perhaps a more comfortable chair in which to work.

But hey. Can't complain. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment