Pages

Saturday, March 3, 2012

One

I've been with Dan for a whole year and I can't understand it.

It feels so recent, and I'm unsure what happened to those 365 days. Yet I cannot imagine my life without this man, and I feel as if I've always known him somehow, somewhere in the depths of me.

All of this is cliché; everyone feels this way. But it never stops freaking me out, it never stops catching me by surprise. How does someone become so rooted in you that life feels empty without them? And so quickly?

I am happier than I have ever been. And it was so gradual, the healing and the love and the friendship that  only when I took a step back did I notice how different it all was. How wonderful and fresh and honest and joyful.

He has truly changed my life for the better and man, did he come at the right time. He's honest, up front, communicative, romantic, funny, sweet, present, considerate and supportive. He's the right combination of all things good and even through our arguments, he is a rock that I am always sure will be there at the end of the day. The comfort that brings me is so immense and it has nothing to do with dependency on a 'boy.' Apart from Danae, he is truly my best friend. I've never been so unabashedly close to someone, or had someone accept me for everything that I am while still managing to be completely candid.

He is something I can count on in this ever-transient life, and that is invaluable.
This past year has been my best. Dan has given me confidence in love and confidence in myself, and I could not imagine my life any other way.

He is all I could have wanted and everything I didn't know I needed.
Here's to another year.

No comments:

Post a Comment