Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Relief

What would I do without the middle of the night? I seriously love this time so much. Even though it's not so great for me physically, I feel it is sometimes essential for my sanity. When I'm cramming a paper into an all-nighter, I'm strangely calm because it is so quiet and dark and magical and perfect. I've written about this before but it strikes me every time.

Because there is nothing scheduled for this time, I can let myself relax and allow my mind to have thoughts it doesn't have time for in the day. Once I have resigned myself to a no-sleep night, I am ready and happy and relieved. Finally, some truly peaceful time. No distractions.

I hope I can kick this habit when I no longer have papers to procrastinate on, but I think it'll do me well once my spawn come along and throw everything out of whack again. I know it's creepily early to think deeply about this stuff, but I'm looking forward to those special 4AM moments with my babies when I'm up with their undeveloped internal clocks. I do well with 4AM.

Long sigh.

I guess it's time to get back to work. After all, this paper does have to be written by my 8AM breakfast date with Danielle.

Even though the day after invariably drags on, if the worst thing I've got going is sleep deprivation after a glorious, centering night, I don't have it so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment