Pages

Monday, March 5, 2012

A Sunny Day One

I feel like I'll be doing a fair amount of catch-up blogging this week, what with the responsibility of showing Reeve all there is to see of this lovely city.

Yesterday, the weather was absolutely perfect, a sunny 75 I believe. So of course, we went to the beach, and Danae came with us! The water is still freezing in March, but we dipped our feet in and then laid out on our towels for a couple of hours.

Once the wind started to pick up, we left for Point Loma to get some lunch. Danae took us to Con Pane, which is fairly identical to Breads and Cie that closed some months ago. I got a Veggie Cobb sandwich on Rosemary Olive Oil bread... I die for gourmet breads. It was so good.

Across the street was Chi Chocolat, a family-owned chocolaterie tucked in the corner of another Liberty Station building. I had a small bronze-dusted dark chocolate 'playing card' with ganache and cardamom.

It was such a beautiful day, the perfect first one for both Reeve and myself. Spring Break is probably the best gift of the school year. These past 6 weeks have been grueling, and to have a healthy dose of ocean, sunshine and good food yesterday was the start of a 2 week rejuvenation. Loving every second of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment