Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I'm a Freaking Bee

I contemplated writing a post on the recurring thoughts I have while passing the cemetery on my way to dance every Tuesday and Thursday, but decided I'm not ready for that. Too morbid for the moment.

Instead, HOLY SHIT I'M BUSY.

I spent most of last year and last semester thinking I wasn't doing enough. Everyone else was more involved, had more than just a show, etc. I wanted someone to ask me what I did on campus and be able to spout off an exhaustive list.

This semester is a different story.
Not only am I in one show, but two.
I'm on the board of FWA, and unlike last semester, I actually have responsibilities. Lots of them. Why did I think treasurer was a good idea?
I'm a tour guide. Which basically equals weird ass time commitments.
I'm taking 5 classes.
Oh, and I joined an intramural soccer team? (still processing that one)

Not that I'm any busier than all of the other overachievers here (of which I am not one, seriously), but this is the most I've ever had to do.

...I love it.

Being busy makes me feel productive, excited, able to forge on with purpose.
I just HAVE to nail down a routine so I can get all of my homework done. It's not happening at the moment, y'all.
My brain/body isn't used to having so many things going on. Also my constant, strange, totally-irrelevant-to-anything thoughts are FIGHTING for room in there.

Anybody got any links to an intensive time management course? I'd fit that in somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment