Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

Sharing

A few days ago, one of the bloggers I follow had a lovely little baby. I'd been watching her pregnancy for the past nine months, and found myself more excited than would seem logical. But I think that's what I love about blogging.

It's weird. To know that someone across the world could be getting a glimpse into my life, just by checking their blog feed or doing a Google search.

But also, to share the simple joys and trials of life across continents? To make friends you might have never met otherwise, to know someone shares your struggle, just to see beautiful things happening when there aren't enough in your life. Or even when there are. To be reminded of the important things.

Whenever I get weirded out about over-sharing and the digital age and all this crazy stuff that didn't exist 30 years ago, I think of this. How much joy I get from reading these stories, seeing these pictures, learning all of these new things! It's amazing to see what we can all offer each other. And how much I feel as if all of these bloggers are my friends (even if I haven't commented once).

So I'm okay with the fact that seeing a baby whose mother I have never met made my day.

Because, to be super cheesy for just a moment, we really are all part of a big, human family. It's wonderful and fascinating and I wouldn't change any of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment