Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

A Budding Activist

Today I had a long conversation with my parents about vegetarianism. My mom has toyed with the idea, but because of her O blood type, she needs a little meat in her diet. My dad, though very understanding and supportive, has no plans to give up meat. Instead, he grilled me on all my knowledge, asking me many 'what if' questions and throwing in his two cents.

I found myself getting passionate, a bit defensive at times. I heard words come out of my mouth that I never thought I'd hear, and some facts and sentiments I was surprised I even knew. And then of course there was much I didn't know. I was extremely hungry for more knowledge. I wanted all of the facts so I could make an informed decision myself, and then inform others.

I've never thought of myself as an animal rights activist or an activist of any kind. I just never felt the passion I assumed you needed. Now, I feel it. And I want to do something. It's kind of an incredible feeling.

[This is the post for the 8th. Ok, ok I will post before midnight. YOU WIN, Blogger. You. Win.]

No comments:

Post a Comment