Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Jack of All Trades

Sometimes I'm angry at the fact that I'm not really good at one thing. That there isn't something that I'm known for, totally confident in. I always feel fairly middle of the road. I'm smart, but not the smartest in the class. I can sing, but so many sing better than I do. I like to write, but I can't churn out stories or papers the way some can. I feel average. And unconfident. I want there to be something I know I can knock out of the park every time.

But today, I thought about how much I can do. There are so many talents I do possess, even if I'm not outstanding at each one. There's that saying: "jack of all trades, master of none." I always thought it was better to be a master of at least one. But maybe there's a pride in dabbling. In being able to dance, sing, and act, but also write and do math and bake. Perhaps it is completely acceptable to not be the best, to not have a signature talent.

I realize I didn't post the Disneyland pictures as promised. Well, at least this focused on not needing a signature talent . Because following through? Wouldn't be it.

(actually posted on Saturday. Because it was before I went to sleep so SUCK IT, Blogger)

No comments:

Post a Comment