Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

"I'd Put That On My Wall"

There has been a hell of a lot of wisdom flying at me the past few days, what with the Measure for Measure read through, my religion readings, my acting class... it feels like more than I've acquired in my past three semesters here, and I love it. I love it so much. Good, hearty wisdom. Fully satisfying.

I wanted to share the Eightfold Path that is associated with Buddhism. I'm not a Buddhist, nor do I know much about the way of life (yet!) but I feel this is applicable to everyone, and something I really want to keep in mind. As I said to Dan tonight, "I'd put that on my wall."

The Eightfold Path consists of:

right opinion
right thought
right speech
right activity
right livelihood
right effort
right attention
right concentration

Don't you just say "yes!" to that in your brain? If I could have that at the front of my brain every day, to inform the choices I make... it's just such a good message.

The older I get, the more I realize how important is to be open to others. To listen. Everyone has their own wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment